Monday, May 18, 2009

The (Delightful) Perils & Pitfalls of Publishers Parcels...

Just when I am deeply engrossed in the final pages of a brilliant thriller/crime novel and have got my reading planned as I take on the Orange Shortlist as of tomorrow (more on both of these tomorrow as I am manical today) there is a loud thud through the letter box of a heavy parcel, which when opened sends me into some kind of hyper state as it is...

So now I am left with a huge dilemma and one I just cannot decide what to do with! I need your help... Good angel on shoulder says I should carry on with my reading and save this until after as a well done... Bad angel on my shoulder is saying devour this devilishly right now!

What am I to do... I need your help and guidance!

14 comments:

Candy Schultz said...

Read it. It's your life. I will read it with you as I finished Ishiguro and am looking for something that is just fun. There's always time to do the stuff you have to do.

Stacy said...

Focus...focus...I say finish the final pages of your crime novel, read The Little Stranger next, then take on the Orange Shortlist. Be willing to follow your reading whim, then I can live vicariously through you since I have had to put off a book I really, really want to read in order to finish a reading list for a challenge that ends soon:(

Anonymous said...

SO jealous you got sent this! I can't wait to read it so read it first so I can read your review.

Lge (Lucy)

Sandy Nawrot said...

I so want to read this book! However, I would agree with Book Psmith, finish what you started, then dive in!

Unknown said...

I dropped everything to read The Little Stranger, but there is a far better book among the Orange short list....

Only you can make that sort of decision!

Candy Schultz said...

Okay Jackie do tell. Which book?

claire said...

I agree with Book Psmith. Finish the crime novel, then read the Sarah Waters, then read the Orange shortlist. :D

Savidge Reads said...

You are all quite 50/50 am thinking I should really crack on with the Orange short list! I wasn't giving anything up for the thriller its too... Well thrilling frankly! The only issue with holding off from Sarah is that I'll be off to Switzerland and its a huge book to take! Eek! Decisions decisions!

Candy Schultz said...

Take it. Read it. It's not that huge.

megan said...

Read The Little Stranger. For sure!

Sarah said...

I agree with Candy, read it!

Savidge Reads said...

Oh blimey and after I have now resolved not to until I have finished the short list! I... must... not... give... in...

Kim said...

(Focus, Simon...This is the same dilema as happens when the TBR pile gets higher...and..what happens if you drop everything for this and it disappoints?? FOCUS - good call!!!

harriet said...

I want it desperately. If it were mine I would not waste a single second. Forget the Orange.